JooComments is a Free extension ( component and plugin ) to help your website visitors to leave comments on the articles.
- Suggestions and Feature request.
- Report Bugs.
- FAQ and troubleshooting page.
- Current version(1.0.4) features
- Installation and upgrade.
For Demo on frontend,queries, suggestions and bugs see/use the comment below. For some reason I can't give you the administrative demo. Best is download and see yourself
V1.0.0 component and plugin has the following features
- Based on WMD editor.
- Mootools based
- Ajax Based.
- Captcha powered.
- Administrator can publish,unpublish and delete comments.
- All articles by default shows the comments
v1.0.1 has the following features.
- Fix to the some of the problems in v1.0.0. Always download the latest version
- Language support: Now non English websites don't need to modify the JooComments core files. Non English speakers are requested to mail me at bullraider[@]gmx.com if interested to do translations.
- Enable/Disable Comments on Article: A unique way to enable and disable comments on articles. In this case neither the comments nor the comment form will appear if disabled for an article.
- Allow /Disallow Comments on Articles: Configuration for disallowing comments on articles. In such case if there were comments already made on the article, but the administrator doesn't want any new comments to be made on the article,yet he wants to display the comments already made.
- Published Date: Now each comment will display the date commented in front end.
- Pre-populated fields for Loggin in users: A user already logged in the website will now see the name and email fields pre-poluated in the comment form.
- Bug fixes from v1.0.0 and v1.0.1.
V1.0.3 Features ( Released Now !!!!!!!)
- Captcha configuration: change the color of background and foreground. Add noise which makes difficult to read by non-human readers or even disable it.
- Different views for both approved and unapproved comments.
- Get notification on mail about new comments or even send a quick mail to the commentator
- Gravatar support and configuration: You can enable/disable gravatar and can choose default image for non-gravatar users.
- Auto-approve and configuration: You can now choose to make the comments auto approved.
- Know If any new version is available to donwload.
- Now you can show comments link from the feature/Home page or even category blog layout.And configuration from administrator to control these settings.
- Choose comment order.
- NOTE: THERE ARE FEW OLDER VERSION OF LANGUAGE FILES , I REQUEST NATIVE SPEAKERS TO SEND ME REQUEST TO TRANSLATE. OLD VERSION OF 1.0.2 LANGUAGE FILE IS NOT ENOUGH FOR VERSION 1.0.3.
v1.0.4 Features (Released now. )
- Editor buttons: You can choose which buttons would appear in the comments form. ( will be a beta feature)
- Category include/exclude.
- Like/Dislike a.k.a voting features.
- A link to the article page from the administrator page.
- Edit comment.
v1.0.5 Features ( Planning this version)
- Introduction to theming.
- Reply system, reply to users from admin page.
- Top comments module.
Installation and Update:
For Users who already been using and for all new users follow the following steps to install or update the new version to 1.0.4
- Download the JooComments_V.1.0.4_UnZipMe_First.zip
- Unzip this file first.( Note , installing the above zip as is , without unzipping will not work)
- You should see three more zip files, com_joocomments_v1.0.4.zip,plg_joocomments_v1.0.4.zip and plg_system_joocomments_v1.0.3.zip ( It is compatible with product version 1.0.4 )
- Install the zip file named com_joocomments_v1.0.4.zip from the unzip folder above as done in Step 2
- Once the installation completes for the component, install the plg_joocomments_v1.0.4.zip from the unzip folder above as done in Step 2. If you using plg_joocomments for the first time then go to the Plugin manager and enable the plugin with name "Content - JooComments". If it is an update then the plugin would have been already enabled.
- Now Install plg_system_joocomments_v1.0.3.zip. Once installed go to the plugin manager and enable the plugin with name plg_system_joocomment. This is a new addition in v1.0.3 of JooComments. This system plugin enables configuration for enabling/disabling and allowing/disallowing comments on articles. Please read below how to use this plugin.
- Now clear your cache.
How to Use:
- Once the above installation process is over and the plugin is enabled. Your job is only to wait and watch users commenting on the articles. To know who and what are the comments and basic management like publishing,un-publishing and deleting can be done by visiting your Components->Comments in your administrator page. Publishing will make the comment appear on the article page or front end. The comments posted by visitors will be by default will be in unpublished state, which needs the administrator to approve by publishing them. Deleting the comment will delete the post forever.
- With Version 1.0.2 and onwards,which will lets you to enable or disable comments and configuration to allow or disallow new comments on articles. The plg_system_joocomments gives administrator the capability to do so. If you have not installed this plugin make sure you installed it and enabled it. To Enable or disable comments and to allow or disallow new comments go to the article manager and open the article on which you want to have the operations. On the right side of the page you will see "JooComments Options". Choose the operation you want to use and save the article. To see the effect go to the corresponding aritle page in the frontend ( If you are using caching then you must clear the cache)
- WMD editor is very popular and needs less introduction. So an end user or visitor doesn't need any introduction to how to comment.
I am sure you will like this extension.
Please leave your queries, suggestions and bugs below in the comment ( Again powered by JooComments)