SCD TYPE1 MAPPING
The SCD Type 1 methodology overwrites old data with new data, and therefore does no need to track historical data .
- Here is the source
- We will compare the historical data based on key column CUSTOMER_ID.
- This is the entire mapping
- Connect lookup to source. In Lookup fetch the data from target table and send only CUSTOMER_ID port from source to lookup
- Give the lookup condition like this
- Then rest of the columns from source send to one router transformation
- In router create two groups and give condition like this
- For new records we have to generate new customer_id. For that take a sequence generator and connect the next column to expression .New_rec group from router connect to target1(Bring two instances of target to mapping, one for new rec and other for old rec) .Then connect next_val from expression to customer_id column of target
- Change_rec group of router bring to one update strategy. and give the condition like this
- Instead of 1 you can give dd_update in update-stratgy. Then connect to target.